Sunday, March 23, 2014

A SUNSET TO REMEMBER



Seldom would I see the sun sets on the western horizon,
Although I would see more than frequently the sun rises in the east
Whenever the sun rises surrounded by the crimson clouds
The native weather prophets would tell me it will be a hot day
My mother would be so pleased to see the sun rises
Because she and some of us kids would spend a day in the sun
Standing, hands busy spreading, arranging varieties of fish on the
matted bamboo slats made into the fish dying panels.
The day may end with the soft wind blowing cooling the sweat drench body
And my mind would gently go calm as I witnessed the golden sun sets on the western horizon.
Another day is over, another night of youthful dreams and hopes for a better life ahead.
While the sun sinks into the sea, my spirit soars.
This is the sunset to be remembered.

No comments:

With you, I am well pleased

Sermon Title: “With you, I am well pleased” UCCP Maasin City, Southern Leyte 10 January 2021 Texts: Isaiah 55: 1-13; Mark 1: 4-11 Isaiah 55:...